职场英语情景对话
2023-08-11
每天跟着学超实用的职场英语,贵在坚持,厚积薄发。下面是职场英语情景对话 + 注释!
Q&A
A:Is this vacancy still available now?
这个职位还招人吗现在?
B:Yes,we are still looking for the appropriate person.
是的,我们还在寻找合适的人。
appropriate ['prprt]
adj. 适当的
A:I’d like to inquire about the job as an English teacher.
我想申请英语教师的职位。
B:Sorry,the vacancy has been filled already.
抱歉,这个职位已经招满人了。
情景对话 Preparing Resume
Owen:Hi,glad to see you. You know,I’m about to graduate ,but I have the faintest idea of how to go about finding a job.
欧文:嗨,见到你真是太高兴了。你知道,我快要毕业了,但我对如何着手找工作一无所知。
Henry:Oh,first you should prepare a resume. You should include your name,address and phone number in it.
亨利:哦,首先你应该准备一份简历。你应该在简历中写出你的姓名、地址和电话号码。
Owen:Then what else should I put into my resume?
欧文:还有什么应该写进简历呢?
Henry:Your job objects. In other words,what kind of job are you searching for?
亨利:还有你的工作目标。换句话说,就是你想要找什么样的工作?
Owen:How about my education background and working experience?
欧文:我的.教育背景和工作经验呢?
Henry:Yes. And don’t forget to list them by date.
亨利:是的,也要写。而且别忘了按时间顺序列举。
Owen:I see. Is that all?
欧文:知道了。就这些吗?
Henry:No,it’s also necessary to list a few related interests.
亨利:不,还有必要列举一些相关的兴趣爱好。
Owen:Oh,good point.
欧文:噢,有道理。
Henry:At last you’d better attach a list of references to your resume.
亨利:最后你最好在简历中附上推荐信。
单词注释:
faintest ['feintist] adj.极小的
attach ['tt] vt. 附上
references ['refrnsz] n.推荐信
精彩点拨:
① be about to do sth.指“即将做某事”
例:The United States may be about to do something really stupid,which is to launch a trade war with China.
美国好像要做一件实在愚蠢的事,那就是和中国打贸易战。
②go about doing sth.指“着手做某事”,注意about后的动词要用动名词形式。